Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Well, we are back in China now and it is about time I started this blog thing up. I am so happy that I am able to get to this website to post. I wasn't sure about that when I signed up for this blog back in America. So it has been about two weeks back here and very hectic. The original idea was to get an empty apartment so that we would buy some furniture to fill it. Since we are planning on moving back to the States in a year and buying a house, it would be nice to have some furniture to start with. This might seem obvious to those of you who are from the US, but in China, almost all apartments come fully furnished (usually in very poor taste I might add). So the idea was a good one except that David's idea of empty and my idea of empty are a bit different. I figured just empty rooms, but as it turn out, it means, nothing -- no kitchen, only a toilet and a sink in the bathroom, no washing machine, no AC/heat, no hot water. David took care of some of this stuff, before I came, but it really is an overwhelming task to get absolutely everything needed to make an apartment livable. So we are at about 80% in my opinion. There still are no cabinets or counters in the kitchen, no mirrors in the bathroom and no furniture for the baby room. But we have TV service and internet now so we are feeling connected to the rest of the world at least. And with all the craziness, I forgot about our 9 year anniversary today. David reminded me yesterday and seemed happy to discover that he remembered and I didn't. Overall, it has been a wonderful 9 years and I feel happy and proud to have such a great husband.

No comments: