Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Western Easter

Chinese Catholic Church -- Easter Mass

Chinese Catholic Church -- Easter Mass

My mom was here so we celebrated Western Easter this year. One of the five star hotels has a huge brunch. It is about 40 US dollars per person, but the buffet is huge and the kids are free. They also have a kids section for painting Easter eggs and an egg hunt with a bunny. Very secular, but also fun and since this is not our Easter and not a religious holiday for us, it really is just like a fun outing. We did go to the Catholic Church for Easter mass which was really nice. It was held outdoors and there was a baptism. There was some drama also. Some guy came up and hit the child-who-was-getting-baptized’s father in the middle of the baptism. I didn’t understand what he was saying, but I suppose he objected somehow. Then at the end a huge rat ran under my chair. Upon seeing this David said something un-churchworthy. I had no idea what was happening since David wouldn’t tell me why his eyes were popping out of his head or why he suddenly shouted. I knew it was something crazy because David’s face was so revealing.


Great buffet!


Michaela with the Easter Bunny.


Lots of friends

No comments: