Sunday, February 10, 2008

Bed rest



I have been put on bed rest. My blood pressure was high and so my Dr. Insisted we rush to Hong Kong to get some tests done. What a night. They had to fight to get me to be seen in the hospital because I do not have a booked room for delivery, but in the end it was fine. All the other tests came back normal and she sent me home on bed rest in hopes to wait one or two more weeks before inducing me. I also think they are waiting because there is currently no bed for me (this factor in the decision making process worries me). She really wanted me to rent a hotel in Hong Kong for a week or two so I could be closer to the hospital (at 100 US dollars a night, we aren’t about to do that). She actually suggested the Shangri-la (about 200 US a night!). Hong Kong people are way too uppity for me.

Bed rest is pretty boring. My body actually hurts from doing nothing all day. But, the good thing is it seems to be keeping my blood pressure under control which is great.

No comments: